eduroam Wireless Access
- Need Assistance?
- ITS Service Center
Wall Building 105
Online Service Request »
- Student Computing Services
Kearns Hall 113
Online Service Request »
- Technology/Security Alerts »
eduroam is the wireless signal available for all students, faculty, and staff at CCU on main campus. eduroam (education roaming) is the secure, world-wide roaming access service developed for the international research and education community. eduroam allows any user from a participating site to get network access at any other institution that participates in eduroam access.
eduroam replaced the previous wireless network, called CCUnwired. The CCUnwired wireless network is now retired as of 5 p.m. on Feb. 15, 2021. Access to CCUResNet in University Housing locations will not change.
Access to eduroam is available on campus in all locations where there is Wi-Fi. Please take the necessary steps below to connect to eduroam now. Note the instructions listed first for Android device users. After you successfully log into eduroam, you will have internet access (some restrictions apply).
How to Access eduroam on..
Android or Chromebook Devices
For Android devices, please follow these instructions:
All Other Devices
- On your device, go to the Wi-Fi settings screen and select eduroam.
- Enter in your CCU email address in the form of firstname.lastname@example.org and your password.
- When prompted, verify your home institution's certificate (for CCU users, it contains safeconnect.coastal.edu) and then accept it.
- You should now be connected to the eduroam network.
- If you don't already have the SafeConnect Policy Key installed, you will be prompted to download and install it with the first web page you attempt to visit. If you are not prompted automatically, try visiting a non-coastal web page.
Members of CCU visiting other organizations should enter their username as email@example.com and then use their CCU password.
Some organizations may require a visiting user to download a small application on their computer before they can access the eduroam signal.
- If you change your CCU password, please forget/remove the eduroam network from your device. Then, reconnect to eduroam using the appropriate instructions for your type of device as provided above.
- If you do not enter your CCU email address and password correctly and are unable to connect to eduroam, you will need to forget/remove the eduroam network on your device. Then, follow the above instructions from the beginning to connect to eduroam successfully with the correct CCU email address and password.
- The Office of Information Technology Services and Student Computing Services is unable to troubleshoot or reset the password for credentials from another organization.
- If you are a visitor and your organization does not participate in eduroam, consider connecting to the CCUguest network by contacting the ITS Service Center at 843-349-5000.
- Faculty and staff should contact the ITS Service Center and students should contact the SCS Help Desk with any questions.
Participating Institutions Using eduroam
A full list of Universities and other educational institutions, utilizing the 'eduroam' wireless signal can be found on the eduroam website.