2023 Transfer Student Orientation
All new students starting in Fall 2023 are required to complete an orientation experience.
Any new student who meets the following criteria must complete the Asynchronous Online Orientation.
- Online Degree Programs (Click here to see a list of online programs)
- International Students
- Admitted for Spring II, Fall II, Maymester, Summer I, Summer II
- Registering for orientation after all in-person sessions have been completed
All other new Fall admits must complete the three (3) component experience which includes:
1. Online Orientation Modules:
This self-paced orientation will allow you to learn about the academic programs and student life services at CCU. It will take you approximately one hour to complete the orientation, and you do have the option to stop and restart as needed. In order to access the asynchronous online orientation, make sure you have your CCU login credentials. You will have access to the program within 1 hour of registering for your orientation. Once you have successfully completed all the parts of the online orientation, you will be able to contact your advisor and get registered for classes.
2. In-Person Orientation:
All new students are also required to attend a synchronous, one-day orientation program on campus. Students will meet with representatives from various offices and academic departments as well as connect with other incoming students. Attendance at all sessions is required for new students. Attendance for family members at the concurrent family orientation component is optional and costs an additional $30 per family member (paid for during the student registration process).
3. Teal Nation Welcome
Teal Nation Welcome is the final culmination of programs as you begin your journey as a Chanticleer! It is a week long program beginning with move-in and continuing through the first week of classes. Teal Nation Welcome helps students get connected to people on campus and make the university feel like home.
There are some mandatory programming for transfer students. You will receive more information closer to August.
2023 In-Person Transfer Orientation Dates
Saturday, June 24, 2023 Closed
Wednesday, July 12, 2023 Closed
Wednesday, August 16, 2023
Do you need to change your major?
Your major is listed in the system will be displayed on the registration form.
All major changes should be requested no later than 2 weeks prior to your selected orientation session.
Requesting a major change (or changing/adding a minor) is done via a major change form and can be found in 2 places.
- On the orientation registration form itself and
- By clicking this link https://www.coastal.edu/forms/programchange.php
Only use the Major Change Form above if you need to switch your major. If when you go to register for orientation and the major is the correct one you which to pursue at CCU, no further action is needed.
Orientation Registration Overview
- Follow the link provided to the Orientation Registration Page. Once you follow the link, sign in using your Coastal username and password. We are also offering a family orientation experience for $30 per family member and/or guest. A confirmation will be emailed to your CCU email account after your registration is received. Orientation fees are non-refundable.
- Once you register for the New Student Orientation program, you will receive an email confirmation to your CCU email address.
- Instructions for how to access the asynchronous online orientation will be included in the confirmation email.
What to Expect at In Person Orientation
- All new Transfer students (18+ credit hours) will attend a 1-day orientation session.
- Students who have not already registered for classes will meet with an advisor and get registered for fall classes prior to leaving the program.
- Students (and family/guests) are responsible for finding their own overnight accommodations if they are needed as no on-campus accommodations are available.
- Day 1:
- Orientation check-in will begin at 8 a.m. Eastern at the Lib Jackson Student Union
- The orientation program will end at approximately 5 p.m.
- Attendance at all orientation sessions is required for students.
- Please note: Family Orientation registrants will attend some sessions with their student and some separately.
- No additional students will be permitted to register for a session once it reaches capacity and is closed. DO NOT MAKE ANY TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS UNLESS YOU HAVE REGISTERED FOR AN ORIENTATION SESSION AND RECEIVED A CONFIRMATION. The Office of Orientation, Transition, and Family Programs is not responsible for any financial consequences incurred by booking travel prior to orientation registration confirmation.
Preparing for Arrival
- On the morning of your program, park in the GG parking lot
- If coming from Highway 501: go through the traffic circle, make a left at the first light (Chanticleer East) and proceed to the lot
- If coming from route 544: turning onto campus at University Blvd, make a right at Chanticleer East light, and proceed to the lot.
- Walk over to the Lib Jackson Student Union for check-in.
Fall Orientation Flow Chart
1. Register for Orientation Follow a link provided to the Orientation Registration page. Once you follow the link, sign in using your Coastal username and password. If at any point you need to make changes to your registration, you may use the same link to access the registration page again. We are also offering a family orientation experience for a limited number of family members at a cost of $30 per family member and/or guest. A confirmation will be emailed to your CCU email account after your registration is received. Orientation fees are non-refundable.
2. Complete your online orientation. Open your orientation confirmation email (sent to your CCU email address) and follow the instructions for accessing the online orientation. Complete ALL SECTIONS and then click “Mark Me Complete” on the Congratulations page (last slide). Clicking “Mark Me Complete” will prompt you to do the following:
- Complete and submit a short survey for online orientation
- Complete and submit your Course Preferences Worksheet
You must complete Online Orientation in order to register for classes. We STRONGLY recommend that you complete this orientation prior to attending the synchronous orientation.
3. Get registered for classes. The sooner you complete the online orientation, the sooner you will be able to register for classes. After submitting the survey or Course Preference Worksheet, you will be redirected to the appropriate Academic Advisor Contact List.
Use the list above to find your Academic Advisor (sorted by major) and contact them in order to get registered for classes. Completing this step prior to attending the synchronous in-person orientation component will enable you to finish the program approximately an hour earlier.
4. Submit your Immunization form and TB Risk Assessment (Must be done prior to the first day of classes). Please visit the University Immunization Requirements webpage and the University Immunization Records webpages to understand, download, complete and submit all required immunization records. Please allow 2 business days for processing. CCU will not require the COVID vaccine for new students.
5. Complete the New Student Checklist: Review and complete all of the remaining items on the New Student Checklist which includes the following among other steps:
- Submit your CINO Card photo. Go to the CINO Card website and upload a photo of yourself BEFORE July 30, 2023. You will receive your CINO Card during move-in weekend.
- Complete Get Inclusive - Voices for Change online course. All new undergraduate students are required to complete and pass the Get Inclusive - Voices for Change online alcohol and other drugs, consent and sexual violence, and identities and inclusion course by August 18, 2023.
You can access the course beginning July 12, 2023, here: train.coastal.edu/course/ by logging in with your CCU username and password. We highly recommend that you use Google Chrome as your browser for best results.
- Ensure financial aid is in order prior to Orientation by following these helpful steps: Financial Aid Checklist.
6. Prepare to attend your Orientation session.
- Read the confirmation that was emailed to you as it contains important information about your session.
- Visit Coastal Carolina University – Campus Travel Management for discounted local accommodations.
- View campus map here.
If you have any questions or have trouble registering for orientation, please call 843-349-2027 during University business hours (M-F 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m./Summer Hours- M -TH 8 a.m.-5 p.m., F 8 a.m.-12:30 p.m. EDT).