2019 Transfer Orientation
All transfer students who have earned 18 or more credit hours post-high school graduation are required to attend a one-day Transfer Orientation program on either July 12, July 22, or August 16.
While at Orientation, transfer students will receive their CINO Card, meet with representatives from their academic college, the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships, Student Life and many others. Students will also learn what it means to be a student at CCU, ways to get involved on campus, and traditions of the University. Transfer students will also have the opportunity to meet other transfer students who will be enrolling at Coastal, as well as current University students.
Sessions are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Once a session is at capacity, no more students will be able to register for it. Please do not make travel arrangements until you register for your session.
Once you register for the one-day Transfer Orientation, you will receive an email confirmation within two business days. Make sure you read the email in full. After April 15th, you may also contact your academic advisor and register for your Fall 2019 classes. Even though you will already have your class schedule, attendance at your in-person orientation is still required. Check out the listing of our Academic Advisors in order to contact yours.
We also recommend you get a jump start on learning about CCU by completing the online pre-orientation prior to attending your in-person orientation. Incoming students who complete the pre-orientation will be entered to win a prize at their orientation.
Check-in for Transfer Orientation will be in the Lib Jackson Student Union beginning at 7:45 a.m. The Lib Jackson Student Union is number 6 on the campus map, and we recommend you park in the GG parking lot located adjacent to Highway 501.
- Register for your session online. Please note that you must pay the $100 enrollment deposit before you can register for Orientation. The fee for Transfer Orientation is $90 per student and $20 per family member and/or guest. An email confirmation will be sent 1-2 business days after registration is received. Orientation fees are non-refundable.
- Contact your academic advisor and get registered for classes. After April 15 and once you have registered for orientation, you may contact our Academic Advisors and get registered for classes. You are still required to attend your in-person orientation.
- Complete your online pre-orientation. An online pre-orientation has been created especially for transfer students. We recommend that you complete this pre-orientation prior to attending in-person orientation in order to get a jump start on your transition.
- Send your transcripts. Most academic departments begin working on students' class schedules prior to Orientation. In order to assure students are being placed in the correct courses, it is important that all final transcripts are received prior to Orientation.
- Financial Aid Information: Ensure Financial Aid is in order prior to Orientation by following these helpful steps: Financial Aid Checklist.
- Make sure you are ready for your Transfer Orientation. Read the confirmation which was emailed to you, and watch this video.
- Travel to Coastal for Transfer Orientation. Here are helpful directions and a campus map.
- Attend Orientation.
- Complete the New Student Checklist: After you attend New Student Orientation, make sure you complete all the items on the New Student Checklist. If you would like, you can get a head start on it now.