New Student Checklist
Before you arrive on campus for the semester, you must complete the following items, if you have not already done so.
Finalizing Your Admission
- Submit your residency information
- You can confirm your residency on WebAdvisor under the "Communications" section. Click the link that says "South Carolina Residency for Tuition and Fee Purposes" to see whether you are classified as an in-state or out-of-state student. If it reads undetermined, note the list of documents that are required to make a determination.
- Show proof of lawful/legal presence
- Many students complete this task when they fill out their FAFSA. If you have not recieved an email directly from the Office of Admissions and Merit Awards, then you have likely completed this task. You can confirm that you are all set by clicking on "Students" tab and then under the "Communications" section. Click the link that says "South Carolina Residency for Tuition and Fee Purposes."
- Update your Social Security Number
- Register for Orientation
Preparing for Move-in
- Complete your University Housing application and meal plan
- You can complete or review your application on MyCoastalHome.
- Install anti-virus software
- On your computer, you can check to see if you have anti-virus software installed by seeing if it is listed in your programs/applications.
- Order your parking pass
- You can confirm if you have done this by one of two ways: (1) You recieved a confirmation email from your credit card payment; or (2) the charge is listed on your WebAdvisor bill. The charge appearing on your WebAdvisor bill will take up to 24 hours to post.
- Upload CINO Card Photo
- You can confirm that you have uploaded your picture and that it was accepted on the GET mobile app. If your picture shows on the home screen, then you have completed this task.
- If you are living on campus, review the Community Living Guide before you move in.
Student Services Tasks
- Save CHANT411’s contact information
- You can check your phone to make sure you have saved their contact numbers and started following them on social media accounts.
- Download all the apps you will use as a student to your phone
- CCU Mobile
- Ride Systems
- GET Mobile
- Submit your Health and Immunization Requirements
- You can confirm that you have successfully uploaded your documents by logging into My Student Health Services. Once there, you can click on the "Immunizations" drop down and select "View History". You will also receive a confirmation email once your information has been confirmed. You will not be able to register for Orientation until you are in compliance.
- Complete Get Inclusive for Undergraduates
- You can verify your completion of the course by logging back into the site. A link to the module will be posted here once available.
- Pay your tuition bill
- Tuition bills for Fall 2021 will be made available at the beginning of July, once you are registered for classes. You can check to make sure your bill is paid on WebAdvisor under the "Student Accounts - Financial Services" section by clicking the "Current Account Balance" link.
- Complete the Student Accounts New Student Checklist
- You can verify completion of most of these steps on WebAdvisor under the "Student Accounts - Financial Services" section.
- Complete the Financial Aid New Student Checklist
- You can verify completion of most of these steps on WebAdvisor under the "Financial Aid" section.
- Verify your VA educational benefits with the Office of Veterans Services
- Once your enrollment has been verified by CCU's Office of Veteran Services, you will receive an email confirmation from the VA.
- Grant your family members Parent/Guardian WebAdvisor Access, if you wish
- On WebAdvisor under the "Communication" section, you can view who you have granted Parent/Guardian WebAdvisor access to by clicking on the "Allow Webadvisor for Parents & Guardians" link.
- Submit official transcripts
- You can check to see if your transcripts have been received on WebAdvisor. Click on the Applicants section and then "Application Status."
- Submit AP/IB test scores
- You can verify that your scores have been received and processed on WebAdvisor. Click on students tab and then find the Academic Profile section. Click on the link that says "Total course/Grades Listing". Your credits will appear for the appropriate class with the grade of EAP or EIB.
- Research and order course materials
- If you placed your order online, you should have received a confirmation email from the Chanticleer Store.
- Take the Foreign Language Placement Exam if you have two or more years of experience in high school or are a heritage speaker of French, German, Italian, Russian, or Spanish.
- You will not receive a confirmation of completion for completing this task, so it is up to you to recall if you took the exam or not.
- Register with Accessibility and Disability Services, if needed
- In order to determine if you have completed this task, you can login to Accommodate and see your materials. Within a couple of business days after submitting documentation and completing the connection forms, you will recieve an email indicating either the need for additional documentation or an invitation to schedule an appointment.
- Review class schedule and make changes as necessary
- Your class schedule can be viewed on WebAdvisor under the "Registration" section. Click the "My class schedule" link to view it.