New Student Checklist
Before you arrive on campus for the semester, you must complete the following items, if you have not already done so.
Finalizing Your Admission
- Submit your residency information
- You can confirm your residency on WebAdvisor under the "Communications" section. Click the link that says "South Carolina Residency for Tuition and Fee Purposes" to see whether you are classified as an in-state or out-of-state student. If it reads undetermined, note the list of documents that are required to make a determination.
- Show proof of lawful/legal presence
- Many students complete this task when they fill out their FAFSA. If you have not received an email directly from the Office of Admissions and Merit Awards, then you have likely completed this task. You can confirm that you are all set by clicking on the "Students" tab and then under the "Communications" section. Click the link that says "South Carolina Residency for Tuition and Fee Purposes."
- Update your Social Security Number
- Scroll down and click the Social Security Number Change
Preparing for Move-in
- Complete your University Housing application and meal plan
- You can complete or review your application on MyCoastalHome.
- Install anti-virus software
- On your computer, you can check to see if you have anti-virus software installed by seeing if it is listed in your programs/applications.
- Order your parking pass
- You can confirm if you have done this in one of two ways: (1) You received a confirmation email from your credit card payment; or (2) the charge is listed on your Student Accounts bill. The charge appearing on your Student Accounts bill will take up to 24 hours to post.
- Upload CINO Card Photo
- You can confirm that you have uploaded your picture and that it was accepted on the GET mobile app. If your picture shows on the home screen, then you have completed this task.
- If you are living on campus, review the Community Living Guide before you move in.
Student Services Tasks
- Save CHANT411’s contact information
- You can check your phone to make sure you have saved their contact numbers and started following them on social media accounts.
- Download all the apps you will use as a student to your phone
- MyCCU app
- Ride Systems
- GET Mobile
- Submit your Health and Immunization Requirements
- The University requires that students provide proof of immunization AND complete all required Student Heath Services forms prior to your arrival for the Fall 2023 semester. All Immunization records must be verified, signed and/or stamped by a physician, physician assistant, nurse practitioner or the health care facility. Your immunization record must include the month, day and year the vaccine was given. All immunization records must be submitted in English.
- For the health and safety of the campus community, Coastal Carolina University requires the following immunizations prior to attending the University:
- MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) doses 1 and 2
- 2 doses required at least 28 days apart for students born after 1957 or later and all health sciences students
- First dose is given at age 12 months or later.
- Second dose is given at least 28 days after the first dose.
- Tetanus (Td or Tdap) vaccination within the last 10 years
- TB Risk Assessment Form must be completed, signed, and dated.
- If under the age of 25 and living in University Housing, a Meningococcal Vaccine or a declination waiver is required
- CCU will not require the COVID vaccine for students but it is one of the recommended immunizations.
- For more information please visit the University Immunization Requirements webpage.
- MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) doses 1 and 2
- Uploading Immunization Records
- All immunization records must be uploaded to the student's file with Student Heath Services. In order to submit your Immunization Documentation, please visit Upload Immunization Records page.
- There is also a PDF created at the bottom of the Immunization Records page linked in the “Click HERE for a step-by-step walk through with screenshots” text that walks students through the upload process.
- Complete Get Inclusive - Voices for Change online course.
All new undergraduate students are required to complete and pass the Get Inclusive - Voices for Change online alcohol and other drugs, consent and sexual violence, and identities and inclusion course starting on July 12, 2023 and it must be completed by August 18, 2023.
You can access the course, here: train.coastal.edu/course/ by logging in with your CCU username and password. We highly recommend you use the Google Chrome browser for the best results.
- Pay your tuition bill
- Complete the Student Accounts New Student Checklist
- Complete the Financial Aid New Student Checklist
- Verify your VA educational benefits with the Office of Veterans Services
- Once your enrollment has been verified by CCU's Office of Veteran Services, you will receive an email confirmation from the VA.
- Authorize a parent or guardian to access your Student Account Center, if you wish
- In the Student Account Center, you can view, add, and remove users’ access to your account by clicking on the “Authorized Users” link.
- Submit official transcripts
- Submit AP/IB test scores
- Research and order course materials
- If you placed your order online, you should have received a confirmation email from the Chanticleer Store.
- Or you can order books through the First Day Complete program.
- Take the Foreign Language Placement Exam if you have two or more years of experience in high school or are a heritage speaker of French, German, Italian, Russian, or Spanish.
- Take a screenshot or save your test results for the future. If you take the placement test, you could recieve free retroactive credits for the levels you test out of before taking your required class.
- Register with Accessibility and Disability Services, if needed
- In order to determine if you have completed this task, you can log in to Accommodate and see your materials. Within a couple of business days after submitting documentation and completing the connection forms, you will receive an email indicating either the need for additional documentation or an invitation to schedule an appointment.
- Review class schedule and make changes as necessary