2022 New Student Orientation
All new students starting in Fall 2022 are required to complete an orientation program which includes two (2) components:
- Asynchronous Online Orientation: This self-paced orientation will allow you to learn about the academic programs and student life services at CCU. It will take you approximately one hour to complete the orientation, and you do have the option to stop and restart as needed. In order to access the asynchronous online orientation, make sure you have your CCU login credentials. You will have access to the program within 1 hour of registering for your orientation.
- Synchronous Orientation: All students are also required to attend a synchronous, two-day orientation program. During Orientation, students will meet with representatives from various offices and academic departments, meet with an advisor and register for classes, and connect with other incoming students.
2022 Synchronous Orientation Dates
- June 15-16
- June 16-17
- June 20-21
- June 21-22
- June 22-23
- June 23-24
- June 27-28
- June 28-29
Once you register for the New Student Orientation program, you will receive an email confirmation to your CCU email address. Make sure you read the confirmation in full as it will include important information about how to access the asynchronous online orientation.
What to Expect at Orientation (Synchronous)
- All new students (Freshmen and Transfers with less than 18 credit hours) will attend a 1.5-day orientation session which includes a mandatory on-campus overnight stay.
- Family members (including siblings) who register to attend the synchronous orientation program with their student are responsible for finding their own overnight accommodations.
- Day 1:
- Orientation check-in will begin at 7:30 a.m. Eastern at Lib Jackson Student Union.
- Orientation housing check-in: prior to going to dinner in Hicks dining hall; will be pre-assigned to a residence hall room (Tradition or Singleton-Young Halls).
- Day 2:
- Orientation housing check-out: 7 a.m. Eastern (prior to going to breakfast at Hicks).
- Students will register for fall classes.
- The orientation program will end at approximately 1:30 p.m.
- Attendance at all orientation sessions, including the evening programming is required for students.
- Please note: Family Orientation registrants will attend some sessions with their students and some separately.
- DO NOT MAKE ANY TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS UNLESS YOU HAVE REGISTERED FOR AN ORIENTATION SESSION AND RECEIVED A CONFIRMATION.
- Check out the New Student Orientation Schedule for Summer 2022!
Preparing to Register for Orientation
- Locate your CCU email address and password. Your email address is your firstname.lastname@example.org, and your password is the same password you use to log into WebAdvisor. If you need assistance with your username or password, go to webadvisor.coastal.edu and before logging in, click on the "What's my username and password?" link in the upper right-hand corner. If this tool does not work for you, email email@example.com.
- Identify Method of Payment. The orientation fee was paid at the time you accepted your admission offer to CCU. However, if you plan to register a parent/family member for Family Orientation or opt into any of the orientation extras like the linen package, then you will need to pay for those charges to complete the registration process. You can always return to your orientation registration page again to make changes up until the closing date for your desired session.
- Register for Orientation. Follow a link provided to the Orientation Registration page. Once you follow the link, sign in using your Coastal username and password. If at any point you need to make changes to your registration, you may use the same link to access the registration page again. We are also offering a family orientation experience for a limited number of family members at a cost of $20 per family member and/or guest. A confirmation will be emailed to your CCU email account after your registration is received. Orientation fees are non-refundable.
- Complete your online orientation. An online orientation has been created especially for you. We recommend that you complete this orientation prior to attending the synchronous orientation in order to get a jump start on your transition.
- Submit your Immunization form and TB Risk Assessment. Prior to attending orientation, you will need to download, complete and submit both the Immunization Form and the Tuberculosis (TB) Risk Assessment form which are linked at coastal.edu/health/immunization. Please allow 2 business days for processing. CCU will not require the COVID vaccine for students in Fall 2022.
- Complete the New Student Checklist: Prior to arriving in August, make sure you complete all of the remaining items on the New Student Checklist. We recommend you get a head start on it now.
- Send your transcripts. Upon completion of your current coursework (high school or college), please send your final transcripts to the Office of Admissions and Merit Awards.
- Submit your CINO Card photo. Go to the CINO Card website and upload a photo of yourself BEFORE August 10, 2022. You will receive your CINO Card during move-in weekend.
- Financial Aid Information: Ensure financial aid is in order prior to Orientation by following these helpful steps: Financial Aid Checklist.
- Complete Get Inclusive - Voices for Change online course. All new undergraduate students are required to complete and pass the Get Inclusive - Voices for Change online alcohol and other drug, consent and sexual violence, and identities and inclusion course by August 12, 2022. You can access the course beginning July 13, 2022 here: train.coastal.edu/course/ by logging in with your CCU username and password.
- Prepare to attend your Orientation session.
- Read the confirmation that was emailed to you as it contains important information about your session.
- Visit Coastal Carolina University – Campus Travel Management for discounted local accommodations.
- View campus map here.