2021 New Student Orientation
Registration for Orientation 2021 can be found on WebAdvisor.
All new students starting in Summer II or Fall 2021 are required to complete an orientation program which includes two (2) components:
- Asynchronous Online Orientation: This self-paced orientation will allow you to learn about the academic programs and student life services at CCU. It will take you approximately one hour to complete the orientation, and you do have the option to stop and restart as needed. In order to access the asynchronous online orientation, make sure you have your CCU login credentials and click here. You will have access to the program within 1 hour of registering for your orientation. Once you have successfully completed all the parts of the online orientation, you will be able to select a virtual group advising session where you will meet your advisor and learn more about your Fall 2021 class schedule.
- Synchronous Orientation: All students are also required to attend a synchronous, one-day orientation program. Each student has the option to attend this synchronous program on campus or virtually. The session offerings at both modalities are the same; students will meet with representatives from various offices and academic departments as well as be able to connect with other incoming students.
2021 Synchronous Orientation Dates
- June 16 (virtual)
- June 17 (on campus)
- June 18 (on campus)
- June 21 (on campus)
- June 22 (on campus)
- June 23 (virtual)
- June 24 (on campus)
- June 25 (on campus)
- June 28 (on campus)
- June 29 (on campus)
- June 30 (on campus)
- July 1 (on campus)
Sessions are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Once a session is at capacity, no more students will be able to register for it. Please do not make travel arrangements until you register for your session and receive your confirmation with your orientation date and information.
Once you register for the New Student Orientation program, you will receive an email confirmation to your CCU email address. Make sure you read the confirmation in full as it will include important information about how to access the asynchronous online orientation.
Click here to view the synchronous orientation schedules for Summer 2021.
Please note, regardless of the modality you select, check-in for the synchronous program will begin at 8 a.m. with officially programming starting at 9 a.m. Check-in for the on campus version will take place at the Lib Jackson Student Union which is number 6 on the campus map. You should park in the GG parking lot which is located adjacent to Highway 501.
Note: If you need to make changes to your Orientation registration, you can do so WebAdvisor under the "Update 2021 Orientation Registration" link or by calling the Office of Student Transitions and Family Programs at 843.349.2027.
- Submit your Immunization form and TB Risk Assessment. In order to be eligible to register for orientation, you will need to download, complete and submit both the Immunization Form and the Tuberculosis (TB) Risk Assessment form which are linked at coastal.edu/health/immunization. Please allow 2 business days for processing. CCU will not require the COVID vaccine for students in Fall 2021.
- Register for your session online. Please note that you must pay the $100 enrollment deposit before you can register for Orientation. Once you follow the link, sign in using your Coastal username and password, then choose "Students" from the menu on the right of the screen. Look for the "New Students" menu and choose "Summer 2021 Orientation Registration" to register. If at any point you need to add or change any of your registration options, you can use the "Update Summer 2021 Orientation Registration" form. The fee for New Student Orientation is $90 per student. We are also offering a seperate family orientation experience for $20 per family member and/or guest. A confirmation will be emailed to your CCU email account after your registration is received. Orientation fees are non-refundable.
- Complete your online orientation. An online orientation has been created especially for you. We recommend that you complete this orientation prior to attending the synchronous orientation in order to get a jump start on your transition. You must complete it prior to receiving your class schedule.
- Get registered for classes. If you are an incoming freshmen or transfer with less than 18 credit hours, make sure you complete the Class Preferences Worksheet which is linked at the end of the online orientation. If you are a transfer student with 18+ earned credit hours and you have not yet heard from your academic advisor (and it is after April 15th), click on the link to find the contact information for our Transfer Advisors 2021.
- Send your transcripts. Most academic departments begin working on students' class schedules prior to Orientation. In order to assure students are being placed in the correct courses, it is important that all final transcripts are received prior to Orientation.
- Submit your CINO Card photo. Go to the CINO Card website and upload a photo of yourself BEFORE Orientation. If attending the on campus synchronous program, you will receive your CINO Card at Orientation. If attending the virtual synchronous program, you will receive your CINO Card during move-in weekend.
- Financial Aid Information: Ensure financial aid is in order prior to Orientation by following these helpful steps: Financial Aid Checklist.
- Make sure you are prepared for your Orientation session. Read the confirmation that was emailed to you as it contains important information about your session. Please pay specific attention to the session modality you selected.
- Attend Orientation based on the modality you selected. If you choose an on-campus session, here are helpful directions and a campus map.
- Complete the New Student Checklist: After you attend New Student Orientation, make sure you complete all of the remaining items on the New Student Checklist. If you would like, you can get a head start on it now.