The Department of Physics and Engineering Science (DPES) Scholarship is supported by donations from departmental faculty and staff as well as from persons outside the department.
One $500 scholarship will be awarded each spring semester depending on availability of funding. Students interested in applying can obtain more information and an application from the departmental office in Smith Science Center (SCI) 114.
The DPES Scholarship is open to students with the following majors:
- Applied Physics (PHYSA)
- Dual Degree Engineering-Physics (PHY-E)
- Engineering Science (ESCI)
If you are interested in contributing to the scholarship fund, please contact the Department of Physics and Engineering Science at 843-349-2985 for more information.
Spring 2020 DPES Scholarship Timeline
- Dec. 1, 2019 – Application and materials are due to the chair of the Department of Physics and Engineering Science in Smith 114.
- Spring 2020 – Scholarship recipients will be notified of their award.
- Spring 2020 – Scholarship awards will be dispensed based upon University guidelines and timelines for scholarships.
For more information or to apply, visit the Department of Physics and Engineering Science in Smith 114.