Preparing for Arrival
Family Weekend 2022
View our Schedule of Events. All events for Friday have been canceled.
View the Family Weekend Campus Map.
Weather Impact of Hurricane Ian
As we have been navigating the impacts of Hurricane Ian on Coastal Carolina University and subsequently Family Weekend, this email is to provide you updates that we have at this current time. The pieces below contain very important information regarding Family Weekend 2022 so please make sure to read it in its entirety.We are very much looking forward to welcoming you all to our beautiful campus in just a few days for the 2022 Family Weekend! We have put together some important information for you to make sure you are completely prepared to enjoy this weekend.
All Family Weekend Activities occurring on Friday, September 30 have been canceled. At this time, Family Weekend activities originally scheduled for Saturday, October 1 and Sunday, October 2 will still take place and operate as normal.
Due to the university's decision to go online on Friday, September 30 our staff will be staffing remotely. The best and most efficient way to reach us would be to email email@example.com.
Saturday, October 1 Information
Please review the Hurricane Preparedness webpage (https://www.coastal.edu/hurricane/) for more information regarding the University’s hurricane preparedness activities and hurricane operations.
Student Transitions and Family Programs appreciate your patience and understanding as we all navigate this upcoming weather and Family Weekend.
Directions to Campus
For driving directions to campus, you can refer to this webpage: Directions to Campus - Coastal Carolina University.
Parking on Campus
- The GG lot is the designated parking lot for the entire weekend and access to this lot is first-come, first-served.
- All Friday events have been canceled.
Saturday & Game Day Traffic Flow
- All lots except for the GG lot and the HGTC lots become game-day lots that require a paid parking permit. The GG and HGTC lots are both general lots that are open to everyone on a first-come, first-served basis.
- For those of you who have purchased a game day parking pass, the paid lots will open 4 hours before kickoff. Different lots correspond to different price levels, so be sure to check your permit details.
- All paid lots tend to sell out, so if you did not purchase your pass already, you should park in general parking.
- Beginning four hours prior to kick-off until 45 minutes after the end of the game, access to University Boulevard from Chanticleer Drive West (east or westbound) to S.C. 544 will be closed. Shuttles will begin to run 2 hours prior to kick-off until 1 hour after the end of the game.
- To access or exit campus and all parking lots on the main campus, utilize University Boulevard from U.S. 501, or utilize Founders Drive from S.C. 544.
- The primary method for navigating campus will be walking, so please plan accordingly.
- If family members require the use of wheelchairs or electric scooters, please bring these with you as we are unable to provide mobility assistance.
- There are no specific family weekend shuttles.
- Regular student and gameday shuttle routes/services will be available.
- Game day shuttles will run strictly between the parking lots and the stadium.
- For more information, please visit Shuttle - Coastal Carolina University
Hospitality/Information Station and T-shirt Pick-up
Saturday 8:30-11:30 a.m. in the Lib Jackson Student Union
Stop by, say hello, and enjoy light refreshments as you kick off your family weekend! The Student Transitions and Family Programs staff and campus partners will be on-site to welcome you and assist with any of the following:
- Need answers to last-minute questions
- Need to register an additional family member or check the availability of a particular event
- Pick-up pre-purchased family weekend t-shirts (all shirts must be picked up during advertised hours on either Friday or Saturday; unclaimed shirts will not be mailed and will be forfeited with no refund)
- Purchase t-shirts or a yard sign (available for purchase while supplies last)
- Collect donations for the Family Fund
- Pick up a nametag holder and lanyard (if desired)
- Need to use the CCU Guest Wi-Fi password (we are unable to share the password in printed materials)
Family Weekend Nametags and Event Tickets
- Please print the nametag for each person in addition to the tickets for each event for each person and bring them with you to campus. There will not be a place to print nametags or tickets onsite.
- Since each registrant should have their printed nametags and tickets, there is no formal check-in location for Family Weekend.
Family Weekend Tailgate (Official University Event)
- The Family Weekend Tailgate will be held in the HTC Center arena (this is a location change from the original schedule); see the link to the campus family weekend campus map above.
- The tailgate is accessible only by walking, so please plan accordingly.
- Upon arrival, please check in at the tailgate welcome table(s) to receive a wristband, spirit item, and raffle ticket.
- Food and non-alcoholic beverages will be provided.
- The ADA Game Day shuttle stop is located in Lots R and S next to the tailgate location and will be available for transport from the tailgate to the stadium only for those in need, so please be prepared to walk.
- There will be a representative from the ticket office present at the Hospitality/Information Station on Friday from 3-8 p.m. if you have any questions or still need to purchase tickets.
- If you miss the opportunity to speak to the representative about any questions pertaining to tickets or game day parking, you should call the Football Ticket Office at 877-424-2687.
- A clear bag policy is in place for anyone attending the game on Saturday. If you plan to carry personal belongings into the game, please make sure they fit in your pockets and/or bring a clear bag to put them in. The Chanticleer store (CCU Bookstore) sells a couple of styles of clear bags while supplies last.
- The majority of events will be rain or shine so please plan accordingly.
- You should consider having a light sweater, etc. as the interiors of buildings can be cool.
- If there are any event changes or cancellations, they will be communicated via the registrant's email.
Event Pass for Students
- To help track attendance, we are asking all students participating in Family Weekend to download their Event Pass QR code and have it ready to scan at all Family Weekend events.
- Students can watch this quick video for step-by-step instructions to download their personal Event Pass.
Please note that seating at all free events will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis with preference going to those who preregistered for the specific event(s).