Student Technology FAQs
The following FAQs answers a variety of questions you may have regarding Coastal Carolina University's student computing and technology resources, wireless access, free antivirus software, and more.
1. How do I connect to the Internet?
2. How do I register a game console/printer/media streaming device?
3. What computer recommendations do you suggest for students at Coastal Carolina University?
4. Should I purchase Microsoft Office before coming to Coastal Carolina University?
Coastal Carolina University offers Office 365 for all students, which provides you with a free download to install and use the latest version of Microsoft Office. Access to download the software is for current students, faculty and staff only at the University.
5. Do I need Antivirus software?
Yes, it is required along with maintaining regular operating system updates on your computer. It is recommended that you use an anti-malware program. See below for free antivirus software, instructions and recommendations.
6. I am having problems logging into services, such as WebAdvisor, Moodle, and my email. What do I do?
First, reset your password »
If resetting your password does not fix the issue, please contact Student Computing Services Tech Support: online, email, in person in Kearns Hall 113, or call 843-349-2220, as you may need to have your devices scanned for possible viruses or malware.
7. How do I clear my browser cache?
8. How do I receive my new CCU Office 365 emails or apps on my cellular phone or other mobile device?
- For app installation instructions and more, select your mobile device here »
- For email access on your cell phone only:
Android Email App » or Android Outlook App »
iPhone Mail App » or iPhone Outlook App »
Windows Phone »
9. Where and how do I print on campus?
10. I have issues with my personal laptop. What do I do?
11. My computer is quarantined. What does that mean and what do I do?
When a computer has been quarantined, it is directed to a webpage alerting the user of the reason for the quarantine. The notification may explain one of these potential reasons. You are quarantined due to: a virus infection, out-of-date antivirus, out-of-date operating system, or DMCA or P2P violation (files, software and/or other content is being illegally used or downloaded. This activity is prohibited as described within the University Network and Computing Policies).
The quarantine message provides directions the user must follow in order to be removed from quarantine. Contact Student Computing Services Tech Support: online, email, in person in Kearns Hall 113, or call 843-349-2220 for assistance in removing viruses, spyware, or inappropriate programs and/or files; and then, we will be able to request permission to restore network access back to your computer.
12. My technology concern or question is not listed. Can I contact Student Computing Services for assistance?
Yes, please contact us and we'll be glad to provide assistance with any of your student technology or computing needs. Contact Student Computing Services online, by email, in person in Kearns Hall 113, or call 843-349-2220. Please visit our Locations and Hours page for detailed information regarding our hours of operation.