High School Math Contest
Individual Monetary Prizes
Individual prizes will be awarded to the top three (3) places in each category (Small Schools - Level 1, Small Schools - Level 2, Large Schools - Level 1, and Large Schools - Level 2). These individuals will also receive medals.
Plaques are given to the winning team in each category (Small Schools - Level 1, Small Schools - Level 2, Large Schools - Level 1, and Large Schools - Level 2). To determine the team score, the top three (3) individual scores on each level for each school are added together.
Overall Winning School
The overall winning school is awarded a plaque. The overall winner is the school with the highest combined Level 1 and Level 2 team scores.
All students who compete in the contest will receive certificates of participation.
CCU Math Contest Award Scholarship
The CCU Math Contest Award is a $1,000 award offered annually to one incoming freshman student. To be eligible for the scholarship, students must satisfy the following criteria:
1. Must apply and be accepted as an undergraduate student at Coastal Carolina University for the upcoming fall term;
2. Must be entering as a full time freshman;
3. Must be a graduate of an Horry County High School;
4. Must be a South Carolina resident;
5. Must have received the highest score among eligible students on the Level II exam; and
6. Student must be enrolled full time each semester and demonstrate satisfactory degree progress to be eligible for award.
If awarded, the prize will be divided equally between fall and spring semesters for the upcoming academic year. This award may be renewed for up to an additional 3 years as long as the recipient maintains a minimum cumulative CCU GPA of 3.0 and earns at least 30 credit hours annually.
Department of Mathematics and Statistics
Coastal Carolina University
Smith Science 207A