Event Planning Steps
- Step 1: Print Event Planning Checklist
- Step 2: Select Date, Time, and Location
- Step 3: Coordinate Campus Resources
- Step 4: Identify Off-Campus Vendor Needs
- Step 5: Ensure the Safety of Your Guests
- Step 6: Book Your Entertainment and CCU Ambassadors
- Step 7: Place Catering Order
- Step 8: Promote Your Event
- Step 9: Execute Event
- Step 10: Evaluate and Plan for the Future
Step 7: Place Catering Order
Aramark Catering Services is the current vendor managing the University's food services operations under an awarded contract obtained through bid processes stipulated by the South Carolina Consolidated Procurement Code. According to the Food Safety Policy, the University requires that the Dining Services Contractor (Aramark) provide all food service on campus for any functions at which food is served, unless it declines to do so, or unless an exception is granted in accordance to the Food Safety Policy.
- If you wish to use another caterer for your event, you must complete a Request for Exception to the University Food Policy Form at least fifteen (15) days before the event.
- Obtain acknowledgment and approval from the University Dinning Services Contractor (Aramark: Christy Heintz 843-349-4130 or email@example.com)
- Submit the form for final approval to the coordinator of Risk Management (Rose Marie Johnson 843-349-6449 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Employ another carter/purveyor who meets the requirements of SCDHEC. It is the responsibility of the caterer/purveyor to fulfill the licensing requirements of SCDHEC and to obtain such licensure (Retail Food Establishment Permit) before the event.
Placing A Catering Order
Catering orders should be placed at least four weeks before the event, and be placed at https://ccucatering.catertrax.com.
Information to Include in the Order:
- Event Name
- Event Date
- Event Food Ready Time
- Event Start Time
- Event End Time
- Event Location
- Guest Count
- FEJ Approval
- Selected Menu
Questions to Consider:
- Food to be served on china or disposable?
- Aramark to provide linens?
- How do you want the food to be served: Reception style with stations, seated meal, grab-and-go, etc.
- How will the room be set-up? Where do you want the food to be served? How many tables will Aramark need for the selected menu? How many tables will Aramark need to work of off for food prep at the event?
- Do you want the food to be served by Aramark or self-served?
- Do any of your guests have dietary restrictions?
- Is the meal being served during a ceremony or meeting? If so, when would you like Aramark to clear?
- When does Aramark need to have access to the room for set-up? What needs to be done in the room before Aramark can set-up (place specialty linens, cleaning of the room, placing of the tables, certain decorations placed, etc.)?
Aramark Catering Contacts:
- It may be helpful to set-up a meeting with Aramark catering services at the event location before selecting the menu.
- Consider including seasonal selections in your menu selection.