Degree in Three
Get a BA in English in Three Years, or get a BA and Master of Arts in Writing in four.
The English Degree in Three is designed especially for motivated students interested in fast-tracking completion of their bachelor’s degree in English. By enrolling in year-round, structured academic plans, participants earn the same amount of credits offered through traditional four-year degree programs in only three years.
The Degree in Three option is available only to incoming freshmen. Students admitted to the program must begin course work during their first fall semester and must maintain an overall 3.0 GPA each semester to remain in the program.
Highlights of the Program
Upon successful completion of the Degree in Three program, students are awarded a $5,000 Trustee Award, and are eligible for additional scholarship money through the University. Additionally, students receive:
- early registration into fall, spring, and summer courses
- in-state tuition for online summer courses
- a cohort of likeminded, fast-track students
- Test Scores
- AP Score of 3 or better in "English: Lang & Comp" or "English: Lit & Comp"
- IB Score of 4 or better in Language A
- SAT Writing score of 600 or better
- ACT Writing score of 24 or better
- High School core GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Essay (500-words)
- Two letters of recommendation from high school teachers
Students admitted to the program must begin course work during their first fall semester and must maintain an overall 3.0 GPA each semester to remain in the program.