General Questions - Coastal Carolina University
In This Section

General Questions

What do I do if I have not met the immunization requirements?

Answer: Every student entering a college or university in South Carolina is required to provide an immunization record prior to their enrollment. The Health History/Immunization form can be found on the Student Health Services website or students may provide an immunization record on a health care provider's stationary that has been signed and verified by a physician, physician assistant or nurse practitioner, or stamped by the health care facility and contain the month, day and year vaccine was given. For any further questions, please contact Student Health Services at 843-349-6543 or

Where do I get mail?

Answer: Each resident is assigned a mailbox at the campus post office, located in Sands Hall. All residents may pick up UPS and FedEx mailings at the post office as well. Students can find their post office box number in Self-Service under User Options. Your mailing address will be as follows: Student's Name, CCU _ _ _ _ _ _, 107 Founders Drive, Conway, SC 29526. Information about mail services can be found on their website,

Is there wireless internet?

Answer: Wireless internet in addition to hard-wired internet is available in all University Housing spaces. The Gardens only has wireless internet.

Is the laundry free?

Answer: Yes. Laundry is free for all University Housing residents. Eaglin, Ingle, The Woods, The Gardens, Chanticleer, DeCenzo, Singleton-Young, and Tradition halls have laundry rooms available with multiple washers and dryers. Also residents in Eaglin, Ingle, Chanticleer, DeCenzo, Singleton-Young, and Tradition halls can go to to see what is available and the status of your clothes. You can even set up text alerts to be notified when your laundry is done. Please bring only laundry soap that is marked “HE” for our High Efficiency washers. Each apartment at Blue Ridge, Grand Strand, Low Country, Piedmont and Sandhills has an individual washer and dryer.

Am I allowed to play games over the internet?

Answer: Yes. All gaming consoles and media devices must be registered through Student Computing Services,

How do I become a Resident Adviser (RA)?

Answer: We are always looking for strong student leaders to be resources and role models for our residents. You can click on the Work for Us menu to get more information about the position and application process. Our big recruitment process is typically during fall semester for the upcoming academic year, but there are times when we need to fill open positions during the current semester. In addition, we have other student positions you can apply for and those too are listed on the Work for Us page.

Do I need renter’s insurance?

Answer: The University does not carry insurance that will cover losses you might incur from fire, theft, water or other casualty. We encourage you to consider a personal property insurance plan or renter’s insurance if you are not sufficiently covered under another insurance policy.

Is student health insurance available?

Answer: At no cost to students, the Student Accident Insurance Plan, through AIG Student Insurance, offers a $10,000 maximum yearly benefit for all full-time Coastal students. A full-time student is defined as any enrolled undergraduate student taking at least 12 credit hours or a graduate student taking at least 9 credit hours. Also this plan provides coverage for participation in intercollegiate NCAA activities. For more information about the plan’s benefits, how to enroll, and how to electronically file claims for qualifying medical expenses, please visit AIG’s website at or by calling toll free 888-622-6001. For students who do not have comprehensive health insurance coverage, it is available for a reasonable cost through AIG Student Insurance. Students may obtain a health insurance brochure at Student Health Services, from the AIG website at or by calling toll free 888-622-6001. This plan has medical, dental, vision, mental health, pharmacy, and preventative health care coverage; it meets all Affordable Care Act Requirements.

Quick Links

Contact Information

Social Icon - Facebook‌  Social Icon - Twitter‌  Social Icon - Instagram

University Housing
Tradition Hall 135
M-Th: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
F: 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
843-349-6400 (phone)
843-349-6425 (fax)

Township Circle Desk
Hours: 24/7

Elvington Loop Desk
Hours: 24/7

University Place Desk
Hours: 24/7

University Housing creates a foundation of care for resident safety and success.